Getting organized and staying organized is a lot like exercising and staying in shape; it requires a careful routine, a change in lifestyle, and almost always some measure of professional help. Lucky for you there are such professionals out there who spend their lives saving people from clutter and chaos. To help explain the benefits of getting organized we’ve compiled a list of 5 reasons to get organized today. In truth the reasons to get organized number in the hundreds, but for brevity’s sake we’ll focus on the five most important ones.
- Getting organized will reduce your stress– Have you ever misplaced your keys because your room is a mess? Perhaps a bill that’s due later that week or a letter from a loved one? Whatever the case, we all know the familiar stress of misplacing something important to us. I’m sure I don’t need to go into detail about the negatives of increased stress, but I’ll just glint over a few for emphasis. Increased stress leads to heart disease, stroke, and physical discomfort. Stress affects mood and sharply decreases happiness. It can cause migraines, depression, and arthritis. It’s estimated that 75% to 90% of all doctor’s visits are stress related. That’s nasty stuff all around. If your home or office is in disarray you’ll find yourself losing important things more and more often, always to your frustration, which in turn increases stress. As if work wasn’t already stressful enough, now you come home to a messy room and you can’t find what you need. It’s a common but unnecessary problem that can be solved by getting organized. Eliminating clutter will lower your stress level and lead to an overall happier and healthier life.
- Getting organized will improve your time management- Time is precious and we all could use a little more of it. Unfortunately for us there’s only 24 hours in a day and 365 days in a year. Fortunately for us we can take steps to use that 24 hours better and more efficiently. Time spent looking for misplaced things is time wasted, and the key to living efficiently is eliminating waste. Getting organized is a great way to reduce the time spent looking for things that should have place of their own. Instead of searching through a haphazard pile of stuff you’ll have a place for each and every item and be able to find what you need when you need it. Less time searching for the things you need means you’ll have more time for loved ones, hobbies, or time to simply relax. If you’ve ever been late to an event because you couldn’t find your keys or the directions you just printed and set on your desk you can put those problems in the past. Everyone’s always wishing for more time in the day, but getting organized will turn those wishes into reality and save you valuable time and energy.
- Getting organized will save you money- We all know the saying time is money. In that case it might go without saying that getting organized will save you money, but how will it do that? Obviously saving time itself is valuable to you, but have you ever had a late fee because you misplaced a book or a movie? Perhaps you lost something entirely and had to replace it, only to find it later. Missing tools or parts can be a major hassle to replace. Not only are they a hassle to replace, they can be quite expensive. Lost bills can lead to late fees or terminated services. Perhaps you’ve even lost important documents for work. This is especially risky as it may jeopardize your job. Protect yourself from these kind of worries by organizing your home and work space. Doing so will prevent unnecessary expenditure on items you already own or lost entirely. It will save you the time spent looking for these items and in turn give you more time to spend productively earning more money for yourself and your loved ones.
- Getting organized will boost your self-esteem- Living in a disorganized state is globally affective. Disorganization hits you hard in every area of your life without discrimination. How likely are you to entertain guests if your house is a mess? Deep down you might really desire some company, but you couldn’t bear the thought of them seeing your house in such a rundown state. What about your friends and coworkers? Are they likely to trust you with important documents or items if they know you’re living in a disorganized state? If this sounds like you you’re not alone. Millions of Americans battle feelings of isolation and social anxiety because they’re struggling with disorganization. Disorganization can seriously shake your confidence and leave you second guessing yourself. If you’re stuck in a state like this it’s important that you get help. Calling a professional organizer will put you on the fast track to improved self-esteem and quality of living. These professionals will not only clear up the clutter already there, but will create a sustainable organizational system for you to work with, preventing any future messes from arising. You’ll find you’re more social, positive, and satisfied once you’ve gotten help. You’ll have regained the confidence of your friends and coworkers. Get your confidence back by getting organized today.
- Getting organized will give you control over your environment- We all seek comfort and control whether at work or at home. Living or working in a disorganized space seriously compromises our hold over our environment. Getting organized will give you the power back, allowing you to exist seamlessly with the space around you. The definition of harmony is “a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts.” Getting organized will provide you with a consistent system for placing and locating items in you space. It will establish an orderly routine for your interaction with the things around you. Finally, and most importantly, you will be pleased with the new mastery you have over your environment and the ease with which you interact with it. Gain control over your environment. Live in harmony with the space around you. Get organized today.